INSPirando o Mundo (março 2012)
On every first Monday of the month we present editors with a selection of short stories from the SNS website. The package can be used to fill the international pages in your street paper. Simply click ‘download article’ and ‘download gallery images’ to reprint the material. Other language versions are available below the text. (1200 Words) - By Staff Writer
Editors: this image is NOT for republication. Please use the INSP logo instead.
0. Editors: please print the NEW INSP logo and intro when republishing 'INSPiring the World' content (Also, please use the new logo when republishing all other INSP news service content)
1. Urban farming is becoming more popular around the world, like here in Zurich, SwitzerlandPhoto: Sophie Stieger/Surprise
2. Hannes Daxbacher with judo coach Dawit Terefe (35) during the training in Addis Ababa.Photo: Philipp Hedemann
3. Dionysius Konstantatos, deputy chairman of the Greek Society in the Nuremberg district eV Gostenhof.Photo: Anestis Aslanidis
4. A mother carries her disabled son along whilst underway to fetching water in Bangalore. An estimated 17 million disabled people in India do not receive support like mobility aids.Photo: Simon Murphy
5. Francis Muriu (c) explains to the Kenyan chief (brown checked shirt) how a resident saved him when thugs raided his home and locked him in a house.Photo: Daniel Sitole/IPS
6. A heroin addicted patient prepares a heroin injection.Photo: REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen
7. Anthony Hopkins.Photo: Jeff Katz
8. Artist Randy Pressley displays some of his work created in Miriam’s Kitchen’s Art Therapy program.Photo: Christina Mele
9. 'Colleague cover' of the month March 2012: Argentinian street paper Hecho en Bs As.Hecho en Bs As.
This content is only available to members (INSP street paper members). Members can log in above to view full text.
However, everyone can read lots of great stories like this at INSP.ngo/news