INSPiring the World (February 2013)
On every first Monday of the month we present editors with a selection of short stories from the news service website. The package can be used to fill the international pages in your street paper. Simply click ‘download article’ and ‘download gallery images’ to reprint the material. Other language versions are available below the text. (1395 Words) - By Staff Writer
Editors: this image is NOT for republication. Please use the INSP logo instead.
0. Editors: please print the NEW INSP logo and intro when republishing 'INSPiring the World' content (Also, please use the new logo when republishing all other INSP news service content).
NOTE TO EDITORS: The use of this 'INSPiring the World' banner for your international pages is optional.
1. Refugees sit in a mattress camp in Votivkirche church in Vienna January 23, 2013.Photo: REUTERS/Heinz-Peter Bader
2. Photo courtesy of Macadam
3. U.S. Marine Lance Cpl. Stephanie Robertson, a member of the female engagement team (FET) assigned to 2d Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, Regimental Combat Team 7, speaks with local civilians during an engagement mission in Marjah, Afghanistan, in this August 18, 2010 U.S. Marine Corps handout photo.Photo: REUTERS/US MARINES
4. Homeless World Cup co-founder Mel Young speaks during the opening ceremony at the Zocalo, Mexico City, Saturday 6 October.Photo: Danielle Batist
5. Mark Perrault (L) and registered nurse Sam Clark talk during Perrault's weekly nurse visit as part of his treatment regimen for opiate dependency at the Suboxone clinic at Boston Healthcare for the Homeless Program in Boston, Massachusetts January 14, 2013.Photo: REUTERS/Brian Snyder
6. Foodsharing in Germany.Photo: foodsharing.de
8. A woman crosses a street in Tokyo January 11, 2011.Photo: REUTERS/Yuriko Nakao
9. Colleague’s cover of the month February 2013: Street Sheet (San Francisco, California, United States)
This content is only available to members (INSP street paper members). Members can log in above to view full text.
However, everyone can read lots of great stories like this at INSP.ngo/news