INSPiring the World (March 2013)
On every first Monday of the month we present editors with a selection of short stories from the news service website. The package can be used to fill the international pages in your street paper. Simply click ‘download article’ and ‘download gallery images’ to reprint the material. Other language versions are available below the text. (1421 Words) - By Staff Writer
Editors: this image is NOT for republication. Please use the INSP logo instead.
0. Editors: please print the NEW INSP logo and intro when republishing 'INSPiring the World' content (Also, please use the new logo when republishing all other INSP news service content).
NOTE TO EDITORS: The use of this 'INSPiring the World' banner for your international pages is optional.
1. 1 in 4 women in South Africa have been raped.Photo: Creative Commons/ ~Cloud-A-Day-Stock
2. Raquel Martinez Molero aus Madrid arbeitet als krankenschwester im klinikum grosshadern – über eine zeitarbeitsfirma.Photo: Toby Binder
3. The Gangnam Style from Gaza. Photo: Emad Badwan/IPS
4. An Italian actress operates the puppet of Italy's former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi (L) during the filming of a television show in Rome February 7, 2013.Photo: REUTERS/Tony Gentile
5. Neighborhood Film Company co-founders Ricky Staub and Anders Lindwall (left) at a shoot with Elliott (holding boom mic), who works as a production assistant as he strives to break the cycle of homelessness.photo: Courtesy of Neighborhood Film Company
6. A Greek boy, along with thousands of Greeks and foreign immigrants, line up during a free vegetable distribution by the Athens Municipality and farmers from the island of Crete in Athens June 20, 2012.Photo: REUTERS/Yannis Behrakis
7. Photo courtesy of Macadam
8. Members of the Pilanesberg National Park Anti-Poaching Unit (APU) stand guard as conservationists and police investigate the scene of a rhino poaching incident.Photo: REUTERS/Mike Hutchings
9. Colleague’s cover of the month March 2013: Straatjournaal, Netherlands.Image courtesy of Straatjournaal
This content is only available to members (INSP street paper members). Members can log in above to view full text.
However, everyone can read lots of great stories like this at INSP.ngo/news